Well, this is going to be a mouthful.The U.S. Captioning Company, which produces subtitles for live TV, surveyed its members to come up with the list of the most mispronounced words this year.
Here are the one's TV anchors and broadcasters got wrong the most.
- Dalgona (tal-goh-NAH): A Korean treat made with melted sugar and baking soda, from the hit show Squid Game
- Dogecoin (DOHJ-coin): Despite having an image of a dog as its logo, the cryptocurrency's name isn't so straightforward
- Shein (SHEE-in): A popular "fast fashion" company
- Stefanos Tsitsipas (STEH-fuh-nohs TSEE-tsee-pas): Greek tennis player, ranked fourth in the world
- Omicron (AH-muh-kraan): A new variant of COVID-19
- Glasgow (GLAHZ-go): Yes, as in the city
- Is there another word you can think of that you hear people mispronounce all the time that drives you nuts?